I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one. I'd like to leave an after glow of smiles when life is done. I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, Of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days. I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun Of happy memories that I leave when life is done. "Afterglow"

25th April 2007.....2pm

ORDER OF SERVICE
Enter to: There You'll Be by Faith Hill

Welcome and Opening Words

Lighting of the Candle by the grandchildren while we listen to Just To Be With You Again by Lionel Ritchie

Introduction

Poems (Kirsty, Leanne, Lynn)

Kirsty is reading this:
MY POEM
The person who I’ll never forget,My Grandad he’s the best,He’s always helped me all the time,He never ever made a mess.Except from when he was painting,You see that was his job,He didn’t sit there doing nothing,He wasn’t a lazy slob.But now he can’t talk or walk,Or do really anything,But that don’t mean I do not care,Because I still really love him.There are some people, who just ignore,They just sit there and stare,But me and my granddad,To be honest we don’t really care.I know he can hear us,Cos he gets tears in his eye,When we read soppy cards,Oh Grandad please don’t cry.You’ll always have this little girl,With the really frizzy hair,But all that matters is just this,I love you and I care.Even when you’ve gone away,I’ll think of you night and day,I won’t forget the good times we’ve had,We’ve never ever had any bad.You’re always in my heart for ever,Just you and me together,We’ll skip along in my wonderland,You and I hand in hand.I love you so much,Your golden touch,Warms my heart,Your 1st on my chart.

Leanne is reading this (posted by my blogfriend Libby...actual author unknown):

God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.He then looked down upon his earth and saw your loving face.He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest. His Garden must be beautiful, he always takes the best.He knew that you were suffering, he knew you were in pain. And knew that you would never get well on earth again.He saw your path was difficult, he closed you tired eyes, He whispered to you "Peace be Thine" and gave you wings to fly.When we saw you sleeping so calm and free of pain, We would not wish you back to earth to suffer once again.You've left us precious memories, your love will be our guide, You live on through your children, you're always by our side.It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone. For part of us went with you on the day God called you home

Lynn is reading this (written by Analia my blogfriend in Uruguay):




Tribute to Mick (including pieces by Mandy and Chris)


Mandy has written and is reading this:

How can I put into words what this man means to me? So many moments in time that changed the way I saw the world because of Mick. As a child I didn't realise what unconditional love meant - Mick is the one who taught me this - always supportive, even when I was being a 'Silly Cow'. Never judgemental even when I was judging myself. Always managing to make me smile when tears pricked my eyes and my heart was breaking. Sega golf, home, pub, Sundays, watching prisoner cell block H, games of crib, brandy and coke in the garden and just being together could make the troubles of the world just disappear. Mick took me in, gave me a home, a place to go when nothing was going right and so much unconditional love. People that really know me, know my life, also know why I don't call him dad; Mick is so much more than that, anyone can be a dad - not everyone can be a hero. Thank you Mick, not my dad, my hero.


Chris has written and is reading this:

Well what can I say, I witnessed two humble and courageous people fight a disease with little to no help from doctors, authorities on a nearly daily basis, still willing to listen to other peoples problems and gripes and to still be able to spare other peoples feelings in the process. A mother to us, a wife who put not only all her efforts into making Mick's life as bearable and comfortable as possible while keeping the rest of us happy while everything was falling apart, thanks mum. I for one will never forget Mick and the laughter he gave me. A lovable and charismatic man who could charm the birds off the trees. Thanks mate, I will have a drink for you.

Silent Reflection

Music: Old and Wise by Alan Parson Project

Words of Farewell

Closing Words

Exit to: The Only Way Is Up (BATSUMA!) by Yazz

3 comments:

Shaz said...

Ruth, you & your family will be in my thoughts later today.

This is such a fitting tribute & so kind of you to share it.

Reading the order of service & the heart felt words that people will share has brought a lump to my throat & tear to my eyes. Take care x

mrsnesbitt said...

Ruth, I sat down to read this just after 2pm and am aware that the very words here are now being spoken.
I am looking outside, to the blossom in the tree and thinking of you all.

WHEN RING THE BELLS
Lightly fall the Rains
On Heads bowed down in Grace,
And now the Summer Sun
Dries each upturned Face.

The Distant Bells are sparkling
And sweeten Lilac air;
Bright Rainbows flowing with the Wind-
The Congregation stares.

Daisies, Bluebells, joined in Prayer
One Summer's windswept Day,
Knowing God and all his Blessings,
While with the Wind they Sway.
-Dave Vahlberg 6-26-2002

Mauigirl said...

Ruth, it must have been a very lovely and touching service. Thank you for sharing it with us.